UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man is partnering with local businesses and organisations to help keep the Isle of Man a special place to work, live and visit. The Flower Studio has taken the following pledge along with a whole heap of amazing local businesses:
* to help protect our natural resources
* to develop our economy in a sustainable way
* to support and promote our local heritage
* to make our environmental impact positive where possible
* to engage with the local community
* to promote our outstanding living landscape and seascape through active involvement with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man
As part of our commitment we pledge to do the following:
We have reduced the amount of plastic packaging by over two thirds or on some designs have got rid of it completely.
We recycle our paper, cardboard, plastic and green waste.
We only use biodegradable floral foam.
We source as many stems of flowers and foliage from Manx growers, but when this isn’t possible we make sure we purchase stems from overseas growers that operate under labels such as Fair Flowers, Fair Plants and MPS.